[kwlug-disc] Go Daddy Backorder?

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed May 12 12:29:53 EDT 2010

.ca domains don't reveal any information for personal domain
registrations.  For businesses, the ownership info is disclosed.  I kind
of like it from one perspective (the search engines can't tell what
domains I own) but it's a pain if you're trying to reach someone.  CIRA
(the canadian domain registrar) has a process where you can email a .ca
owner through there system.  I've had folks email me that way once or twice.

For .com's and the rest, no privacy there.  Some registrars have an
option that lets you hide your registration information but I've never
really firmed up exactly how tight that privacy option is.  Certainly
for most .com's a simple whois will tell you who owns it.