[kwlug-disc] RouterStation Pro Redux [Was: Re: Linux capable Wireless N routers]

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed May 12 11:53:40 EDT 2010

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 05/12/2010 11:16 AM:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Joe Wennechuk wrote, On 05/12/2010 11:03 AM:
>>
>> know that NETFLASH  Isp ( On Lancaster by Guelph St. ) uses
>> Router
>>> station pros as a part of their network. Maybe you could call
>>> them up and ask them to sell you one? r also you could pick one
>>> up at MEGAWIRE ( On Victoria by Breslau )who also uses them.
>>>
>> . . .
>>
>> Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but ...
>>
>> Anyone know either of them well enough to invite them to present
>> on their experience?
>>
>> (The units come with OpenWRT installed, so, both hw + sw, right
>> up the kwlug alley.)
>

> That would be awesome. It is good publicity for them, and an
> interesting topic for many of us. Win-Win!

Poked around some more last night.

Negate (Hawaii) <sigh> looks to have 802.11n in stock now, but kits
are back ordered to 5/14/10.

Kit: US$148
http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_104&products_id=812
Radio: US$192
http://www.netgate.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_104&products_id=827

So, ~US$340.

USB, serial, sd, built in, but OTOH only 3 eth + wan (?). If I read
correctly, will supply PoE. And can be run that way. But, 48v.

Have e-mailed ubnt.ca (Sauble Beach).