[kwlug-disc] (DECT) Cordless Phones?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon May 10 09:56:46 EDT 2010

What are people using for cordless phones these days?

I presume DECT, as 1.9GHz, staying away from the 2.x & 5 GHz wi-fi ranges.

I presume I'm fantasizing to hope for colour display, lots of (CHEAP!)
handsets, and answering systems with usb connectors to copy incoming
messages to .wav (or something) files. [i.e. Land line bridging phone
until VoIP/Asterisk.]

Let alone cell or voip (inter-?) compatibility for future proofing?

I won't even mention 2 line (mind you, 1 of the two could be voip), or
ip, instead of usb, connectible.

Current favs or best one can do for the moment?