[kwlug-disc] "What Linux Distro Should I Use?"

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Sun May 9 08:46:22 EDT 2010

> I'm a Fedora user, but I've been told that openSuse and SLED are kick-a$$ desktops too.
> What about some of the distros that are designed for cross-over comfort, like Xandros?

Paul I've stored some pretty obscure distributions on my work hard
drive: moonos, lxde (not so obscure), heck I even have an old Corel
ISO from bygone years. It might be interesting to set up a VM box with
a bunch of distributions to provide some sense of differences.

What I've found useful about testing different distributions is some
of the software that gets included with distributions. This is how I
found great software like Basket (notetaking), SuperTux (like
supermario), and Freemind (mind mapping).