[kwlug-disc] Bad ruling, bad proposed law ...

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu May 6 19:17:58 EDT 2010

I wonder if there isn't some aspect here of no real consensus, like so
many other things, so nothing actually happens, or is intended to.
Like so many other things. Is this a smoke & mirrors presentation to
industry to say "See, we're trying."

All it takes for evil to flourish is for good (wo)men to do nothing.

Somehow, I don't think 'nothing' will happen. Especially as this is
out, before the legislation is even introduced, and given past reactions.

It just bites, again, that public consultations (smoke & mirrors)
occurred, and were ignored, again.

Let alone, did someone not say in the list at some point, that the
Liberals also had their own version of essentially the same thing,
which also died.

Which is to say, even if an election were called and the Liberals got
in (with a majority), we'd still be in this same situation?