[kwlug-disc] New user breakout sessions

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed May 5 21:12:27 EDT 2010

Raul Suarez wrote, On 05/05/2010 8:09 PM:
> --- On Wed, 5/5/10, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>> Problem is, historically, and Paul, please contradict me if I'm
>> wrong, people don't / can't show up by then.
>
> Then don't show up. For me it is also difficult, but why try to
> decide for people that may want to show? I can tell you what I like
> and what I do, but I won't tell other people what they can do as
> long as it does not affect you.

I didn't say me, I said the people who we're are attempting to help,
historically, aren't present to be helped. If my understanding in that
is wrong, then never mind. If my memory is correct, then having
mentors show up, with nobody to mentor, is merely going to irritate
and make them less inclined to mentor under different circumstances.

I'm not deciding anything for anyone.

If this earlier time did not succeed in the past, there must be
reasons for that. If circumstances have not changed, re-opening this
time would repeat the same results.

Repeating the same steps and expecting a different result is
self-defeating.