[kwlug-disc] "What Linux Distro Should I Use?"

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue May 4 08:52:59 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM, bbierman <bbierman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it help if we has an new user ambassador, with a picture of that person on the website. This way a more timid individual would know who to look for at the meeting. The ambassador could show up 15 mins early and answer general questions about the group, linux and FLOSS.

We had a little bit of that last night.

> I think a single initial voice will be less confusing and intimidating than a many differing voices (which sometimes happens).

Sure.  Are you volunteering?  ;-)

One challenge is that no single person can answer every question from
every newcomer.  Another challenge is that this plan turns the
attendance of that one 'voice' person into an obligation.  We don't
want that, do we?  I expect that the 'voice' person doesn't want that.

We have had meeting announcements welcoming newcomers and assuring
them that "asking anybody is okay," but we don't do that every month.