[kwlug-disc] "What Linux Distro Should I Use?"

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Tue May 4 05:04:52 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 08:29:21AM +0000, Shane wrote:
> If you want to know what people want to learn - ask them.  At the
> beginning you ask if there is anything about which someone would like
> to learn.  Then, if there is anyone, you direct them write their name
> and email address on a slip of paper, you might even provide some,
> and someone will contact them.

Presumably these are beginner questions.  Questions that many folks
in the crowd could answer on the spot.

Why not have a 15 to 30 minute Q&A period, with the laptop at the front,
and show the answer right away?

Limit the answerer to _one_ person at a time, though.  Otherwise, we'll
all answer at once, and the newbie will be more confused than when
he started.

- Chris