[kwlug-disc] "What Linux Distro Should I Use?"

Shane shane.msg at gmail.com
Tue May 4 04:43:25 EDT 2010

I moved from Debian to Ubuntu years ago because I didn't have the time to learn everything and keep up with upgrades.  With Ubuntu I was presented with an update, asked if I wanted it to proceed, answered that I did and it was updated.  Didn't have to know much about anything until later on my own time.

That's why I recommend Ubuntu be first.  Lessens transplant shock, for want of a better term.  Nobody has to stay with Ubuntu but it does make things easy for newcomers.

================It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.