[kwlug-disc] NFS slow ...

Shane shane.msg at gmail.com
Mon May 3 13:58:08 EDT 2010

There are two possibilities that I can think of, both stretches.  However, to quote A.C. Doyle in "Sherlock Holmes," "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"..

One possibility is that during the reboot the system did not completely reset to electronic neutral.  Any charge remaining, and at those low voltages and minimal currents it wouldn't need much, could have interrupted the reset somehow.

Another possibility could be temperature which could be operating in concert with the other causing a double whammy.  Was it operating for an inordinately long time?  A different location?  Have you done a check of your memory facilities, RAM and HD?

There is more but I'll stop there.  Oh my,  haven't had to think like that for a while.

Shane.
================It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.