[kwlug-disc] First observations on Lucid Lynx

Daniel Jolkowski danijolk at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 20:29:38 EDT 2010

I really, really like the 'drag your windows to the screen edges to tile/maximise' them feature in newer KDE.

I also really like folder view. A lot.

There's an option so you can hover the tabs in the menu - its really too bad you can't also hover over your menus. I actually don't use kickoff or whatever they call it a lot. I usually just use the run thingamajig and bind it to a handy key combo (the alt + F2 defaults seems ridiculous).

I also like how everything is integrated and you can drag and drop files from web pages to your home folder to your mail box etc.

Admittedly I am using KDE because I am lazy and don't want to go through the rigamarole to setup openbox - apparently having KDE installed makes this harder.

djolk