[kwlug-disc] First observations on Lucid Lynx

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun May 2 11:22:13 EDT 2010

Rob Day sez:

>i just don't see a compelling
> reason to have a partially transparent terminal session as the default
> in a fresh install.

Because they can.  By setting the defaults to gratutious UI pr0n, people
who might not otherwise know about these capabilities get to see them
first-hand.  Then they can say to their Windows-using friends "Aero? Ha!
With Ubuntu Lucid Lynx >I< get Transparent Aubergine Backgrounds In
Terminal Application Windows. Nyah, nyah!"

Somebody should trademark TABITAW...

--Bob.