[kwlug-disc] First observations on Lucid Lynx

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sun May 2 08:52:51 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>  After a delightfully social evening at Kwartzlab and test installing the
> new Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) Desktop version a couple times, some thoughts:
>
> * Aubergine?  For the love of God, AUBERGINE!?  What the hell, man?  I'm
> waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out from behind my monitor.  Yeesh.  But
> it's worse than that.  After the install, the terminal client also comes up
> with an aubergine background, but it's partly *transparent* so you can read
> what's behind the terminal window.  What's the rationale for *that*
> decision?

Really?  That's the first impression you took from Lucid?  I'm
surprised that you "Went all GUI" and found yourself in such an
inescapable mess.  Have a look at >> System >> Preferences >>
Appearance, and then the Themes tab.  Perhaps you'll find something
more to your liking there.  These F/LOSS systems are kind of neat.
They let you change things.  ;-)