[kwlug-disc] peoples' thoughts on apple, adobe and flash?

Sat May 1 08:18:26 EDT 2010

On Friday 30 April 2010 11:55:34 pm Raul Suarez wrote:
> He can do the revolution and still provide choice. Unless you are talking
>  about the Soviet revolution.

You can't create a seamless platform where everything works the same if you
give the developers three ways to do the same thing.

> Ownership has nothing to do with design so I don't know why you bring "I
>  know a good design...".

I feel I have been very clear about what I meant about ownership. It would be
disingenuous to continue to suggest that I meant anything other than the
design of the device and the platform when I referred to "his device."

> Back to my car example. The designers can select an awesome pearlescent
>  colour. If you want to paint it green with pink polka dots is up to you,
>  you wouldn't hang it against the original designers, would you? And you
>  wouldn't like the original designers to tell you what colour you can paint
>  it after you bought it.

And again, I feel I have made my position very clear in my previous email to
you. I agree with you that you should be able to paint your car any colour you
want, and I have stated clearly that it should be technically straightforward
to put your own software on the thing.

-A.