[kwlug-disc] topic request

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat May 1 02:09:48 EDT 2010

 >But not, I think, very low level dpkg tools?

I only know 'dpkg -l' and recently learned that 'dpkg-reconfigure'
exists. Or is that 'dpkg -reconfigure'?  So yes, yet another session on
low level dpkg tools would be nice.

And also, when should I use Synaptic vs. Ubuntu Software Centre?
Aptitude vs. dselect?  Does a package not from a respository installed
with gdebi still play nicely with dependencies?  Inquiring mind wants to
know.  (And should someone respond to these questions on-list, I'll need
reminding at a meeting in a few months anyway)

--Bob.

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 at 23:22, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote
about Re: [kwlug-disc] topic request: