[kwlug-disc] by the way, yes, i *did* get a telus milestone android phone

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Sun Mar 21 13:24:56 EDT 2010

Sorry to dredge this thread up...

Where do Palm WebOS devices fit into the "openness" spectrum?  I would
like a smart phone that could do more than run java scripts.  I would
like to be able to run OpenVPN on my phone and maybe (CPU-willing) some
kind of limited file encryption and am not afraid to roll my own given a
build environment.  A quick look shows Maemo offers these sorts of apps
too. Maybe Maemo and WebOS users could volunteer lightning reviews of
why their systems are (not?) so great.

Thanks!
Lori