[kwlug-disc] Todo Lists and task management

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Tue Mar 16 12:53:47 EDT 2010

Last December Raul Suarez showed, in his presentation on remote
access, a document in which he jots down notes on a subject or
project. I have been doing much the same thing in my work, to the
point where my projects have a simple logfile, usually a simple plain
text file in which I try to capture todos, notes, bug descriptions,
fixes, repairs and other items of interest. These log files get messy
over time but have proven useful. Does CYA ring a bell?

I have started a low priority project where I am looking at blogging
techniques and scripts to do try to automate the process and allow
the logfiles to be internally accessible to interested parties over a
LAN network. This is low priority project, low burn project by which
I hope I will learn PHP/PERL techniques for maintaining the blog.
(N.B. This project does not have a "due date".)

The intent is to continue to use a flat text file (w/o graphics) but
have the PHP scripts maintain a semblance of order.

This project is in its infancy and I would accept ideas, concepts,
pointers, etc.

Thanks
John Johnson