[kwlug-disc] command prompt history

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 10:39:58 EDT 2010

For repetitive tasks nothing like a script.

Once you write your commands once, you can :
1. open ~\.bash_history and copy the commands to another file.
2. substitute whatever needs to be a parameter
3. save the file
4. chmod +r myscript.sh
5. execute the script using the parameters

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/