[kwlug-disc] Confession (DVI)

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Mar 9 00:25:05 EST 2010

Was about to say the same as Adam.

When I was doing S-Video out, I had to make sure the cable was
connected at boot time, the Nvidia would not fire that port up
otherwise. I'm pretty sure the TV didn't have to be on, just the cable
plugged in - although, probably, plugged in at both ends.

What are you working on, a desktop, a notebook, a ???

When I switched from S-Video to HDMI (now connected to TV via a
DVI/HDMI dongle), I ran into the same thing. Which is to say, (1) you
can do this, (2) simplified my life by not having YAC (Yet Another
Cable) type kicking around.

My new netbook has DVI out, if you blurb at me closer to next meeting
date, I can bring it and a working DVI / HDMI cable. We can prove your
cable, and perhaps prove your setup if it's portable.