[kwlug-disc] telus now has motorola droid lookalike "milestone"

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Mar 5 23:47:43 EST 2010

Depends what you're buying, I think.  I popped into the Telus store at
Conestoga mall this week to drool at the Motorola Eclair with the
Android OS.  It's a GSM, or at least it has a SIM card.

My guess is that the new phones are on that new frequency (sorry, I'm
suffering from acronym block).  The new frequency requires new radios,
which require SIM cards, which require GSM.

Their older phones are still CDMA, at least my old phone is.  I don't
know if all their new phones have the SIM cards, or just the Eclair.

--Bob.