[kwlug-disc] telus now has motorola droid lookalike "milestone"

shane.msg at gmail.com shane.msg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 18:16:18 EST 2010

Phones with SIM cards cannot readily be moved from one GSM provider to another unless it is not purchased from a provider.  In Canada that would mean other than Rogers or Fido.  A Rogers card will not work in a Fido phone unless it is unbranded.   I assume there would be something similar for CDMA phones but I am not certain, never having worked with CDMA phones.

Generally, a phone will use as backup whatever was used by the provider before moving to HSPA.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.