[kwlug-disc] Is GIMP pro-quality?

Chris Bruner cbruner at quadro.net
Wed Mar 3 01:00:32 EST 2010

Paul Nijjar wrote:
> I read this on Twitter. Does anybody here have an answer?
>
> =======
> mvc1095: having a debate with some co-workers. are there pro graphic
> designers who work on linux with gimp? as in have paid rent for a year
> that way.
> =======

I happened across an article today that explains how most software has
an error. The exceptions being some Mac programs and KolourPaint and
Tuxpaint as well as a few others.

http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/gamma.html

Apparently this bug while being around forever has been a source of
puzzlement and the bane of professional photographers everywhere.