[kwlug-disc] MDADM and RAID

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Tue Mar 2 11:57:24 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:23, Rashkae <rashkae at tigershaunt.com> wrote:
> Looks right, and you should actually be getting very, very good performance
> from that setup.  Since your copied your data to Esata, I'm assuming these 4
> devices are SATA and you aren't trying to do something like connect
> master/slave ide drives on the same raid array.  I would furthermore check
> the SMART logs of each device and make sure you don't have one that's
> failing on you.

All devices are 7200RPM SATA drives.

smartctl seems to think the devices are okay. Is there some specific
value I should be looking into from the SMART data?

[chris at jupitertwo:~]$ ls /dev/sd[abcd] | xargs -n1 sudo smartctl -a |
grep "test result"
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>