[kwlug-disc] We (Linux) did not lose

John Kerr jkerr0102 at rogers.com
Thu Jun 24 22:01:52 EDT 2010

Hi Gang

No sire, in fact HELL NO!!!!!

We did not lose the Netbook battle.

Proof of this is in a little task I would like you to do. Take a pen and small pad (remember those?) and Lets go to Staples.

Now go to the isle with the software. For every box of software that you get the equivalent for free in Linux jot down the price.

Soon, I am sure you will be over $1,000.00

That is why most Netbooks run Windows.

Most people do not yet know about Linux. The big box stores and even the little shop on the corner want to keep it that way.

But we shall fight on, we shall never surrender.

Cheers!!!

John

Where is all the knowledge we lost with information? -- T.S. Elliot.