[kwlug-disc] netbooks without windows

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Jun 23 15:29:43 EDT 2010

Not.

They are OEM licenses tied to the machine with which they're
associated. The keys may not be used on any other hardware - which is
why the sticker is on the machine itself. (Except, maybe, if bought
new and the license agreement not accepted. - There would then be the
issue of passing on the original DVD, which you won't have, or
recovery partition, etc.) Anyways, the common past consensus of the
list is to ignore the Windows issue and get on with your day. Not cost
reasonable to work around. Seems to me I heard the OEM licensing cost
was only $10-$15 for windows, so the lack of Windows didn't bring any
significant price decrease to the party.

As for Johnny F's question, I think I'd suggest having a peek at used,
say Computer Xsess. Or, more likely, kijiji. A quick check shows some
possible candidates available:
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/f-eee-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZeeeQQisSearchFormZtrue

>>> kwlug-disc_kwlug.org at kwlug.org