[kwlug-disc] Request for: Periodic (monthly) advertisement to kwlug from kwlug.org.

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Jun 15 20:11:04 EDT 2010

Darcy Casselman wrote, On 06/15/2010 3:56 PM:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 3:53 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>> unsolicited wrote, On 06/15/2010 3:41 PM:
>>> Could I request that a monthly announcement be made from kwlug-disc
>>> (perhaps from announce?), consisting of an advertising blurb from kwlug.org?
>>>
>>> Along the lines of ...
>>>
>>> Don't forget, <list>, kwlug.org is your one stop shopping for ... meeting
>>> announcements, local directory / linux providers list, etc., etc.,
>>>
>>> [That last being that list Paul made up not long ago, which I forget the
>>> name of ...]
>>>
>>> I almost never go to kwlug.org, and usually forget what's on there to
>>> think of going there when I'm looking for something.
>>>
>>> Could the website regularly promote itself to the list(s) in some fashion?
>>>
>>> Cause: Was just thinking with Bob's course announcements that if I
>>> remembered he should be in the consultants directory on kwlug.org, and was
>>> interested in his course, I could get info. from that directory entry. Had I
>>> remembered kwlug.org has such resources.
>> To be a bit more clear ... I would expect this to be a boiler plate text
>> sent out once a month, much like some lists have a password reminder or
>> heartbeat. I wouldn't expect it to change (much) month to month.
>
> I think we have a volunteer. :)

OK. Fair enough - and I'll get you ...

I guess I was assuming a mailman facility.

Not entirely sure anyone wants me writing anything. I suspect I'm on
more than a few kill lists.

(Evidently not Darcy's ... but guess where he's going, now!)

[Note to self - need better mail filters: (1) 'Are you sure?' to
anything I might send that could get me volunteered for something -
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue. (2) Prevent all forms of 'sounds
like a presentation to me!', and all synonyms, from reaching my
screen. Status: URGENT ... TOO LATE NOW!!!]