[kwlug-disc] Postfix on a laptop

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 11 16:58:53 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 05:25:52PM -0400, Chris Irwin wrote:

> The problem now is my laptop. I need to either (1) open up a port to my
> home server and do some sort of authenticated relaying, or (2) replicate
> my gmail forwarding to my laptop. Currently my laptop sends directly,
> but that gives me a greater chance of being flagged spam, especially
> since I am violating my SPF rules.
>
> Has anybody solved this problem, or have a better way of handling a mail
> server on a mobile remote?

My kneejerk response is to say "OpenVPN!" and then scurry away before
you ask for details.

Of course, I have not solved this problem. But OpenVPN would let you
treat your laptop as if it was on your home network, and it seems to
me that it would be more secure than opening up arbitrary ports
directly to your mailserver.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org