[kwlug-disc] C-32 organization contact

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 11 10:16:35 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 09:34:25AM -0400, Terrence Enger wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 19:25 -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> > Somebody who is interested in organizing around C-32 contacted me.
> >
> > Which one of you would be interested in collecting the names of
> > interested people and doing some work around this? I don't really want
> > to volunteer for heavy involvement or organizing, but there seemed to
> > be lots of enthusiasm around doing something.
> >
> > - Paul
> >

> Can you give us a hint about what kind and quantity of work would be
> useful?

Kind of work: keep people updated about letter-writing and other
activism. You may end up getting suckered into organizing some
activism -- updating websites, organizing meetings with MPs, etc. It
looks like the WLSG group is doing some of that work, but having
somebody who is well-connected to KWLUG would be useful.

One important component will be collecting the names of people who are
interested so that you can get a critical mass going.

Amount: unclear. In my experience any kind of organizational work
tends to be draining. I really don't know what is going to be involved
around this issue. But some people love this stuff and are good at it.

I am still looking for a main contact, so if you (or anybody else
reading this) is interested then please let me know.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org