[kwlug-disc] Review: Short presentation night

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Wed Jun 9 16:08:25 EDT 2010

My $0.02...

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 11:19:48AM -0400, Richard Weait wrote:
> What did you think?

I liked it a lot.

> Were the topics too different and thus no audience was served adequately?

I didn't mind different topics.

> Did the diversity of topics provide something for everyone?

Yep.

> How soon should we consider doing another short topic night?

I think it should be a standard part of our presentation planning repertoire.
Whenever it fits, it should be used.

> What changes should we make to improve the next short topic night?

I like Paul's suggestion that perhaps 2 presentations is a good limit,
with a max of 3.  Unless everyone is as disciplined as Richard. :-)

I liked the discussion between each presentation.  I think that should
be planned for and not just assumed each presentation can perform a
handoff in 0 minutes.

- Chris