[kwlug-disc] Review: Short presentation night

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jun 8 11:26:15 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> What did you think?

I think it is a great format. Provides variety, and shorter doses.

> Were the topics too different and thus no audience was served adequately?

No. I like the variety.

> Did the diversity of topics provide something for everyone?

I believe so. I can't do wiring, and John convinced me it is too daunting
(for
the haniness disabled like me).

> How soon should we consider doing another short topic night?

I think at least once or twice a year, if not more often.

> What changes should we make to improve the next short topic night?

I like what was done with the filling of the switching time with news from
the FLOSS world, ...etc.

We almost overran the time slots, So perhaps keep more buffer time
in between, and have a stroll/stretch time if we have too much of it. Or
improvise and be spontaneous and don't mind staying 5 to 10 minutes
overtime. It is not a sin last time I checked.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.