[kwlug-disc] what would you pay for good kernel documentation?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Jun 6 23:43:03 EDT 2010

If you're going to offer a *course* then you need to be at the head of
the classroom.

Nobody is going to pay to self-study from a course outline you provide
online, but they will pay for access to *you*.  You can make yourself
available through IM, IRC, Skype, vidcast or Chatroulette, and can
answer questions, evaluate code, control a remote session, or what-have
you for those people who have signed up.

I took a course like this where I logged onto a virtual machine to do
some hands-on administrative learning.  The instructor was also logged
in on ten student VMs, providing personalized guidance and evaluating
results.  Voice contact only, no vid.  Far more expensive than
$39/month, and I was glad someone else footed the bill for me.

--Bob.

Bob Jonkman<bjonkman at sobac.com>          http://sobac.com/sobac/
Software   ---   Office&  Business Automation   ---   Consulting

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 at 0:01, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote
about Re: [kwlug-disc] what would you pay for good kernel documentation?: