[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Jun 5 22:41:25 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 10:27 PM, John Johnson <jvj at golden.net> wrote:

> At 21:23 2010-06-05, you wrote:
>
>> I was not stretching it.
>>

> I do agree with your point that consumers of digital media would be (and
> are) unfairly impacted by measures intended to fight piracy, the black
> market in illegal copies of content. The legal consumers become collateral
> damage.

That is the main point:

Imagine that because there is credit card fraud, users are made to give a
DNA sample for every transaction. Does it happen for purchases that you do?
No. Go after the criminals, and leave the law abiding citizens alone. Don't
change the law to make it living hell for the citizens, and barely make a
dent in on the criminals.

Go after those who are selling copied games, copied DVDs, ...etc.

Leave everyone else alone.

> Apologies.

None needed.
--