[kwlug-disc] what would you pay for good kernel documentation?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 11:53:31 EDT 2010

--- On Sat, 6/5/10, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>   at the moment, my current web site is being revamped
> totally and when it's done in a few days, i'm just going to toss up a
> paypal donate button.  other ideas were collating content
> into actual sellable books, or a small monthly subscription service (a
> la LWN), but those models didn't seem to work.

I think that the book model works. Don't you also spend time reviewing books? The writers get money for their books

The monetization model I've seen for Knowledge transfer is: The content in your site is your business card for consulting/training business.

The nice thing is that it gives you a global audience and clients.

But you have to make clear that you are available for travel, and advising where you are traveling so other potential clients can jump in cutting travel costs.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx