[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jun 4 20:46:57 EDT 2010

Chris Frey wrote, On 06/04/2010 8:40 PM:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 08:32:22PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:
>> Rather than multiple people saying the same
>> thing multiple ways - let's quote the well phrased concise point, and
>> lever up from there. Rather than everyone starting every point from
>> ground zero.
>
> Perhaps this is just my incomplete view of Parliament speaking here,
> but I think that everyone saying the same thing in their own words
> is just as powerful, if not more so, than everyone quoting the same
> thing.

My point is, everyone saying the same thing in the list is just
everyone reading the same thing in the list, repeatedly. The list is
not parliament.

If the same tired old arguments are the same tired old arguments that
haven't worked in the past (since the bill keeps getting
re-introduced), repeating them here is just a waste of bandwidth and time.

If, however, we state the old argument, then (collectively) build on
top of it, perhaps to something that actually gets through a
politician's thick head ... well then, then we have something!

e.g. I really like, and hadn't thought of, John's point ... does this
bill ultimately threaten open document standards!!!

That is most certainly something to build on.