[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Fri Jun 4 20:40:07 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 08:32:22PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:
> Rather than multiple people saying the same
> thing multiple ways - let's quote the well phrased concise point, and
> lever up from there. Rather than everyone starting every point from
> ground zero.

Perhaps this is just my incomplete view of Parliament speaking here,
but I think that everyone saying the same thing in their own words
is just as powerful, if not more so, than everyone quoting the same
thing.

Because if everyone phrases it themselves, it indicates that people
have actually thought about this issue enough to write their own words,
instead of reacting in a knee-jerk fashion to an online petition.

 From all the "common wisdom" that I've been told about writing to
government, it seems that a handwritten letter, in your own words,
carries the most weight, for reasons that I don't fully understand.

But whether you quote or invent your words, either is better than saying
nothing.

- Chris