[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 4 10:49:05 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 05:13:08PM -0400, Lori Paniak wrote:

> I think this attempt (third try?) is coming pretty close to being
> acceptable.  All that is needed is a clause allowing lock circumvention
> for personal purposes.

That doesn't help me much. I am too stupid to write my own DVD
playback code. If writing and distributing DVD playback code remains
illegal (as it does under this bill, as far as I know) then having the
right to circumvent locks for personal purposes is as empty a right as
the format-shifting clauses in the current bill.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org