[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

Thu Jun 3 22:39:11 EDT 2010

On Thursday, June 03, 2010 10:00:28 pm William Park wrote:
> Good analogy.  But, the other side will argue, you just own the right to
> hang the door onto your door-frame, and the right to open and close it.

That of course is the problem, and Raul pointed it out as well.

Licensing physical media should be banned outright. That would be a good
start. Ultimately though, the license terms should be mandated to have some
pretty straightforward rights, such as timeshifting, media-shifting and using
the media for personal consumption without restriction as to which player I
want to use.

-A.