[kwlug-disc] wget and variable assignment

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 13:05:33 EDT 2010

Why not wgetting to a temporary file, loading it to a var and processing it several times?

Or if you want to reduce HDD access, once you get the file, you could load the file to a variable and process it as much as you want.

fullPage=`cat data_stats.html`

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices