[kwlug-disc] Canada probes Google

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Jun 3 11:14:29 EDT 2010

Raul Suarez wrote, On 06/03/2010 10:20 AM:
> --- On Wed, 6/2/10, Lori Paniak <ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com>
> wrote:
>> What is problematic is recording transmitted data.  You should
>> encrypt that, of course.  Too bad no one told this plaintiff that
>> her NDA is (was?) incompatible with open wifi:
>>
>> http://www.dailytech.com/Suit+Filed+Against+Google+for+Capturing+Payload+Data+from+Open+WiFi+Networks/article18448.htm
>>

> She may still get a court of judge who is dumber or more ignorant
> than what she purports to be and hit the jackpot.

What are the odds that you're all missing the point?

That to mitigate the damages, at least to her reputation, she HAS to
sue - to show (potential) employers that having made the mistake she
is taking all possible action to safeguard their information.

She's probably going in to this knowing she's going to lose, but she
has to show that she tried.

Closing the barn doors after ...

OK, OK, she's that dumb, I know I'm not right, but under other
circumstances, it's plausible.