[kwlug-disc] Canada probes Google

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Wed Jun 2 21:39:13 EDT 2010

I don't see the problem with recording MAC addresses.  Your router is
beaming that info out to the universe.  If you stand on your front porch
and yell your name over and over again, can the neighbours be blamed for
thinking you're on a first name basis?

What is problematic is recording transmitted data.  You should encrypt
that, of course.  Too bad no one told this plaintiff that her NDA is
(was?) incompatible with open wifi:

http://www.dailytech.com/Suit+Filed+Against+Google+for+Capturing+Payload
+Data+from+Open+WiFi+Networks/article18448.htm