[kwlug-disc] Is there, in fact, a Linux training market out there?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Jun 1 08:00:42 EDT 2010

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Insurance Squared Inc. wrote:

> I should also say that I wish you luck with it.

  thanks, i appreciate it.  i'm currently in the process of massively
revamping my crashcourse.ca web site (got a drupal expert friend to
move it up to drupal pre-7) and i'm going to make another push to see
what the market is like.  but there's one thing i just want to harp on
one more time so that people know what angle i'm trying to play here.

  all the major vendors have multi-day courses -- mostly 3/4/5 --
since that's what works for their business model.  i deliberately
picked the name "crashcourse" for my attempt because that's precisely
what i wanted to do, deliver short, very intense, very fast courses
that, for the most part, don't compete with those vendor offerings.
and if a client has a very specific need, they don't want to send one
or more people off for days of training for that.  and that's where i
would offer (if i could) a customized single-day course for it.

  in any event, i covered all that in the initial note to TLUG, so no
need to tediously repeat it here.  and as i mentioned, i just finished
a local contract so i'm on the market and looking for the next one.
if you have any leads, that would be cool.  i've already got some
possibilities but it never hurts to have more.  and if you had some
*training* leads, well, i'm willing to pay a finder's fee.

rday