[kwlug-disc] AsteriskNow?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 31 00:56:10 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 05:11:13PM -0400, Chris Irwin wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 15:16 -0400, unsolicited wrote:
> > Was bopping about the web and came across
> > http://www.asterisk.org/asterisknow.
> >
> > Can someone remind me: there is Asterisk, TrixBox, who knows what else?
>
> There is also AskoziaPBX.
>
> I haven't used any of them, and can't really tell you the difference...

Does anybody know which of these is most amenable to a "secure by
default" installation? I downloaded one of these distros (Elastix, I
think?) and it had all of these web components that came with
(independently-defined) default web passwords. This also made me break
out in hives. I hope my experience was atypical, but it scared me into
thinking I should probably forget the Asterisk distros and work from a
bare Debian install. Am I wrong?

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org