[kwlug-disc] Wordpress themes must be GPL

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:57:48 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

>It just says that you have to give the source code for
> those who ask for it.

This statement is where the problem lies.  I don't see anywhere in the
license that states this.  It only states that you have to make the
source available to anyone that you provide the software to.  The
quote you gave earlier applies to the person claiming the right to
distribute it.  It states that if you want to distribute OSS code, you
must make the source available.  If I am not providing you the
software, there is nothing I can see that states I am required to make
the source available.

Brent