[kwlug-disc] Wordpress themes must be GPL

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:02:57 EDT 2010

That is what I thought.  I cannot find anything in the license that
states that one has to provide the source code separate from the
object code.  And if the license stated that you MUST give your
software away for free, that would indeed make it impossible to make
money in the open source world.  It only ensures that the software you
get comes with the rights you deserve.  And it is really sad that the
word free is overloaded here to have two applicable but different
meanings.

Brent