[kwlug-disc] Wordpress themes must be GPL

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 13:22:52 EDT 2010

If I distribute the source with the object code to a second party, I
have met my obligations.  If they then distribute it to a third party
without the source code, then they are not complying with the license,
not me.  The second party needs to either include the source (which
they received) or provide it at their own expense.  The second party
cannot contractually obligate the first party to the third party.
That would never hold up in law.  The part about not needing to accept
the license in order to propagate it would imply that the source is
still included.

Brent