[kwlug-disc] Access rights to file/folder

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 21:51:47 EDT 2010

--- On Wed, 7/28/10, John Van Ostrand <john at netdirect.ca> wrote:

> How do I make it so that files created by Alice, who
> doesn't share a group with Bob, can be edited by Bob, but
> not others? The same could be said for read permissions.

I don't think you can do it "in general" for all files Alice has or creates in the future... unless they are in a folder and you assign rights to Bob to that folder.

I know it is a different way of thinking, so I just wanted to get an answer on the Linux way and I got two good ones.

Twitter: rarsamx