[kwlug-disc] Linus viruses

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed Jul 28 11:02:52 EDT 2010

Not false at all.  An entire user list has one example of a desktop
getting owned. One. I've got multiple instances of MS desktops getting
owned just in my house.  I can't stop my kids MS desktop from getting
owned without draconian policies.

I'm not looking at 'why' this is.  But it definitiely is.  You start
with a linux desktop out of the box and you are almost certainly NOT
going to get compromised - you're the first time I've heard of someone
who did get compromised.

The comparison isn't 'why'.  The comparison is 'MS will get owned'.
'linux desktops don't get owned'.  That's what I figured was the case
given my experience with linux desktops.