[kwlug-disc] Wordpress themes must be GPL

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 10:44:58 EDT 2010

I'm sure we've all heard the difference between "the letter of the law" and "the spirit of the law"
> [GPL has been ]untested in a court of law.
If and when the GPL gets tested in court then "the letter of the law" will be tested.
> ... the FSF interpretation is, in some cases, ideologically driven, and overly broad in certain cases.
Until that court test happens, then the FSF interpretation embodies "the spirit of the law" as it was them that created the GPL.
Raul Suarez

Technology consultant

Software, Hardware and Practices

Twitter: rarsamx