[kwlug-disc] Linux viruses [was: Linus viruses]

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Tue Jul 27 21:07:10 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----

> The issue when talking about Linux security is that it is more
> difficult to run malicious code without user's intervention.

I believe that Linux is more secure because APIs are more well defined and there are less API bypassing. Compare this to Microsoft's past tendency to provide features at the least cost and worry about issues later.

GNU/Linux, not having a single authority, has no one commander to issue an edict to ignore security.

--
John Van Ostrand
CTO, co-CEO

Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware