[kwlug-disc] Vidar800 SCSI Scanner

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Tue Jul 27 13:14:51 EDT 2010

I'm using an older scsi scanner myself under linux and I totally :heart:
it.  Really high speed heavy duty machine I picked up for $75 on ebay.
Sane works with it seamlessly.

The little bit I've done with scanning under linux though says that
basically sane either sees it or you're cooked.  Sane doesn't list Vidar
as a scanner type at all:
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html

You might try reading the sane-project.org site to see if you can get
some love over there, see if there's a compatible machine or if it's an
easy fix for them to add support.  If not, I think you're out of luck,
garbage time for the scanner.

On 27/07/10 01:05 PM, Joe Wennechuk wrote:
> nd now this scanner won't work a all. I tried to use an ubuntu 9.10
> live cd to see if xsane would work, but it seems the scanner is not
> recognized at all. Does anyone have any experience with such matters?
> The machine is only used f

g.